At the Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine, we offer various payment options for our medical procedures. We do this because we want our procedures to be accessible to as many people as possible, and we’ve found that offering different payment methods helps to achieve this goal.
At MCRM, we offer two primary options when it comes to paying for our medical procedures:
- Insurance – Depending on the type of procedure you complete at our clinic, insurance may cover it. If this is the case, we will work with you to ensure the procedure is covered based on how your insurance is structured.
- Prompt Pay – If you do not have traditional medical insurance or are interested in some procedures that your insurance may not cover, you can opt to pay directly for procedures at our clinic. We’ll go into more detail about several advantages of paying directly for procedures in this blog.
Advantages of Prompt Pay or Prior to Service Payment for Regenerative Medicine Procedures
There are several advantages of prompt pay when receiving medical care at our regenerative medicine clinic. A few of these benefits include:
- Access to the Latest Regenerative Medicine Procedures – Unfortunately, insurance providers lag when it comes to the latest regenerative medicine procedures. While we’ve seen excellent results with procedures such as PRP and other stem cell treatments, most of these options are not covered by insurance. You’ll need to pay out of pocket to have access to these procedures and the positive outcomes that can be achieved from them.
- Prompt Pay Discounts – Because processing insurance can be burdensome for our medical clinic, we offer discounts for patients who can pay prior to service for their procedures. This provides a win-win for our clinic as well as for you, the patient. Procedures that are typically covered by insurance are discounted if paid out of pocket. For example, an epidural steroid injection can cost up to $1500 when billed through insurance, but the out-of-pocket cost in our clinic is $350.
- Avoid Time Off of Work – Insurance companies may often require many procedures before signing off on treatment at our clinic. This can be frustrating for both our doctors and patients. For instance, some insurance providers may require an individual to attend multiple physical therapy appointments before agreeing to sign off on procedures such as joint or spine injections. This delay can cause patients to miss significant work, significantly hindering their earnings. By paying directly for these procedures, patients can return to work sooner because they can receive the type of medical care they need without the added complexity of navigating medical insurance.
Different Insurance Providers Accepted at MCRM
Below are the different insurance providers that we currently accept at MCRM. Be sure to call our office to ensure this list is accurate at the time of your procedure:
- Michigan Medicaid (State Plans Only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (All States)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- Aetna (Community & Medicare)
- Priority Health
- HAP Health Alliance Plan
- UHC – United Health Care
- Humana (Military/Medicare/Community)
- Ascension Complete
- First Health / Cofinity
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Auto Insurance
- Tricare East
Learn More About Payment Options at MCRM
If you’re still unsure about your different payment options for procedures at our regenerative medicine clinic, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team today. Our office staff is well versed in the different insurance plans we cover and the benefits of prompt payment. Call our office today at (248) 216-1008 to discuss your individual needs.