Board-certified EMG Testing Now Available in Downtown Rochester, Michigan
At MCRM, we’re excited to offer a relatively new service, certified EMG Testing, which we think will provide a unique option for those looking to get to the root cause of a variety of different types of pain. Our very own Dr. John Santa Ana is certified with the main governing body, the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine to ensure you receive the highest quality diagnosis and treatment options when working with our experienced team.
What is Electromyography (EMG) Testing?
EMG Testing is a diagnostic test that is used to evaluate the health of your peripheral nerves. This process is actually a set of two tests where we look at how the muscles respond to nerve signals. This helps us to identify if you do indeed have a nerve injury and if so, where it is along the path of the nerve and how severe the injury may be.
What are the Benefits of EMG Testing?
There are a number of key benefits of EMG testing, a few of which include:
- Allows trained and properly certified doctors to figure out the root cause of the numbness or lack of sensation that you may be experiencing.
- Can be an integral part of a more comprehensive workup for someone who may be dealing with a number of pain issues, tingling, or weakness. This type of testing along with other procedures such as MRIs, X-rays, and lab work can all work together to give a more holistic view of a patient’s needs.
- Very specific for nerve issues
Who is a Good Candidate for EMG Testing?
Anyone who deals with chronic pain or numbness could be a good candidate for EMG testing. If you’re experiencing a certain numbness or pain in an area of your body, EMG testing can be used to locate the exact nerve where this pain or numbness is originating. This then gives doctors a very precise area where they know they need to focus.
Board-Certified Electromyography (EMG) Testing Offers Better Diagnosis for Better Outcome
Contact Us Today and Schedule Your EMG Testing Appointment with our Board-Certified Doctor
Dr. Santa Ana is board certified in PM&R and Electrodiagnostic medicine. He is a physician specializing in Interventional Sports, Joints, and Spine treatments. He received his medical degree at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and his specialty training in PM&R at The Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington DC. He is a Veteran and was a physician in the US Army, treating our Nation’s heroes’ musculoskeletal conditions and getting them back in the fight. He brings this same knowledge and skill set to his patients in our community.
I’m Dr. Thomas Nabity. I work with frustrated patients suffering from pain who are motivated to find an alternative to medication and surgery. Even if you think you have tried everything and have no option, I’m here to tell you that we can eliminate your pain and give you back the ability to do the things you love to do. We help people in chronic pain who are looking to alternatives to medication and surgery who want natural solutions to pain relief and long to be in control of their health once and for all. Dr. Nabity is double board certified in both Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Board-Certified Electromyography (EMG) Testing in Michigan from Dr. John Santa at Our Rochester Treatment Center
It’s important to remember that EMG testing is a test and not a treatment option. While this type of testing can help to steer doctors in a certain direction related to treatment, it is not a treatment by itself.
It’s important when having EMG Testing performed that you work with a reputable and board-certified physician like Dr. John Santa Ana who has experience analyzing the results of these tests and putting together treatment methods based on those results.
If you’re interested in learning more about EMG Testing and would like to know if you would be a good candidate, feel free to reach out to our team at MCRM today at (248) 216-1008, or reach out via email using our online contact form.
Treatable Conditions from Dr. John Santa Ana and Dr. Thomas Nabity
- Achilles Tendon Ruptures Treatment
- AC Joint and Tendon Tears Treatment
- Ankle Pain Treatment
- Arthritis Treatment
- Back Pain Treatment
- Bone Pain Treatment
- Bursitis Treatment
- Chronic Inflammation Treatment
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Treatment
- Elbow Pain Treatment
- Foot and Ankle Injury Treatment
- Foot Pain Treatment
- Herniated Discs of The Spine
- Hip Injury Treatment
- Hip Pain Treatment
- Joint Pain Treatment
- Knee Injury Treatment
- Knee Pain Treatment
- Ligament Injury Treatment
- Ligament Strains
- Lower Back Pain and Spinal Pain
- Lumbar Disc Herniation Treatment
- Meniscus Tears in the Knee
- Muscle And Tendon Sprain and Strain Treatment
- Muscle Pain Treatment
- Muscle Strains from Sports and Other Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Treatment
- Musculoskeletal Injury Treatment
- Musculoskeletal Pain Treatment
- Neck Pain Treatment
- Nerve Pain Treatment
- Neuropathy Treatment
- Osteoarthritis And Degeneration of Joints
- Other Pains Involving Bone, Joints or Tendons
- Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
- Rotator Cuff Tears in The Shoulders
- Sacroiliac (Si) Joint Dysfunction Treatment
- Sacroiliitis / Sacroiliac Joint Pain and Dysfunction Treatment
- Sciatic Nerve Pain Treatment
- Sciatica / Lumbar or Lumbosacral Radiculopathy Treatment
- Sciatica Treatment
- Shoulder Pain Treatment
- Spinal Stenosis Treatment
- Spine Pain Treatment
- Spine Trauma Treatment
- Tendinitis Treatment
- Tendon Injury Treatment
- Treatment for Tendonitis and Bursitis
- Treatment for Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow
- Tension Headache Treatment
- Torn Tendons and Ligament Treatment
- Treatment After Auto Injuries
- Treatment For Internal Derangement of Knee Cartilage
- Treatment For Knee Cartilage Lesions
- Treatment For Muscular Weakness
- Treatment For Shoulder Injuries
Take Advantage of a Better Outcome that Starts with Board-Certified EMG Testing Now Available in Downtown Rochester, Michigan
Contact the MCRM Office and Schedule Your Appointment with a Board-Certified Doctor Today