Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Hair Loss FAQ
PRP or platelet rich plasma has been used for years to treat a wide array of different conditions, but some of our patients are surprised to know that it’s also effective for those suffering from hair loss. PRP is made of white blood cells and platelets, both of which contain growth factors that can help to stimulate the skin cells of the scalp resulting in new hair growth.
The experienced team of doctors and medical personnel at The Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine are proud to offer PRP hair restoration for both male and female patients who may be suffering from hair loss.
What You Need to Know About PRP for Hair Loss
Below are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to PRP treatments to help with hair loss:
- Treatments Are Most Effective with Thinning Hair – It’s important to know that PRP hair restoration treatments are more effective when your hair begins to thin, not when you have complete bald spots. If you’re beginning to see your hair thinning in areas, it’s best to go ahead and reach out to our team to start the process of PRP hair restoration. Remember the longer you wait, the harder it will be to see noticeable results from PRP treatments.
- Multiple PRP Treatments Are Recommended – At The Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine, we typically recommend 6 PRP hair loss treatments. Most of our clients will start to see noticeable hair growth after 3-4 treatments.
- PRP Treatments Are Much Quicker than Hair Transplants – Most PRP treatments take between 30 minutes and 1 hour, which is much quicker than typical hair transplants.
- Non–Invasive Procedures – PRP hair loss treatments are completely non-invasive, which is a major difference compared to hair transplants.
- Experienced Team of Physicians and Medical Staff – At MCFRM, you’ll be overseen by a team of board certified physicians as well as a registered nurse with years of experience in the PRP arena.
- Honest Approach to Regenerative Medicine – When you walk through the doors of our regenerative medicine clinic, know that we’ll always be completely honest and upfront about whether you’re a good candidate for PRP hair restoration treatments. We want the best for all of our patients, which is why one of our doctors sits down with each potential hair restoration patient to determine if PRP is the right treatment option.
Reach Out to MCFRM Today to Schedule a Consultation
If you’re interested in learning more about PRP hair restoration, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced team by phone at (248) 216-1008 or through our online contact form.