Regenerative Medicine Options for Migraine Relief
At The Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine, we’ve seen some very promising results from a variety of different regenerative medicine treatments for migraines. Our Board Certified physicians offer a number of different treatment options to hopefully give you relief from the debilitating pain associated with migraine headaches.
Traditional Treatments for Migraine Headaches
At The Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine, our physicians can prescribe traditional medications such as anti-inflammatory NSAIDs, as well as triptans, beta blockers and some anti-seizure medications that have been shown to provide pain relief for some migraine sufferers.
We also have seen success with botulinum toxin injections every three months along with one of the newer monthly injectables like Amovig or Emgality.
Pain Relief Treatment Options for More Severe Migraines
If you’ve tried the options listed above with little success, you may be interested in some of our other regenerative medicine treatment options for migraine sufferers. A few of these include:
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulator – We have seen success with using a peripheral nerve stimulator placed under the scalp for severe migraine sufferers.
- Epidural Injections – If headaches are due to issues with herniated discs or ligament falsity in the neck, epidural injections may be able to help.
- TMJ Disfunction – Some migraine headaches can be traced back to TMJ issues which when treated can provide pain relief.
- Cyclical migraines – If you’re experiencing cyclical migraines, you may want your regenerative medicine doctor to check your estrogen levels.
- Prolotherapy or PRP – If your migraine headaches are related to neck or spine issues, we’ve seen significant success using prolotherapy and PRP to reduce the pain associated with these types of migraine headaches.
Migraine Treatment Requires Patience and Compassion
At The Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine, we understand that no two patients are alike. This is especially true for those suffering from migraines. At our medical office, we’re able and willing to give each of our patients ample time to explain their situation so that we can cater our treatment plans to their unique needs. We take an individualized approach to healthcare, which is why we offer such a wide array of different treatment options for migraine sufferers. Don’t be discouraged if your current provider has given up on treating your migraines. Why not give our office a call today so we can sit down with you to come up with a plan to help provide some relief from your migraine headaches? Our office can be reached by phone at (248) 216-1008 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon.